The Bank of Elk River
Elk River, MN
This position provides project support for a variety of Human Resources programs and processes. This position also provides general human resources support for staffing and on-boarding processes, communications, learning and development, performance management, payroll, benefits and other HR related functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists with recruiting, application and new employee processes including job postings, reviewing resumes and forwarding to the hiring manager, scheduling interviews and taking interview notes. Manages applicant tracking. Assists in planning and conducting new employee onboarding.
• Assists in Employee relations: answers questions, assists with the planning and execution of a variety of events and employee recognition programs, and supports HR training initiatives by preparing resources.
• Plays an active role in HR communications to staff, departments and management. Utilizes strong technical skills and superior communication skills in areas such as maintaining the HR pages of our intranet, including employee wellness initiatives, events, recognition and more.
• Works closely with HR Staff and assists with a variety of HR administrative functions. Prepares monthly and quarterly reports. Knowledgeable of HRIS and payroll/benefits programs.
The competencies listed below are critical to the success of this role.
Attention to Detail: Demonstrates a very high level of accuracy, attention to detail and is able to edit work for errors. Highly organized in order to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communicates effectively and respectfully with all points of contact. Treats others with respect and shows sensitivity for differences.
Time Management: Uses time management skills to prioritize, plan out work activities, and completes work on time. Reacts well under pressure and can multitask to meet deadlines.
Teambuilding: Fosters a working environment where employees are encouraged to contribute and build a positive team spirit. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
Technical Skills: Strong technical skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. Knowledge of HRIS systems (ADP).
Customer Service: Provides excellent customer service with external and internal customers of the bank. Works well with others.
Development: Accepts responsibility for own actions. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build and share knowledge and skills.
Change Management: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Problem Solving: Finds new ways to improve practices, identify inefficiencies and provides suggestions for improving work processes. Applies common sense to resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent and/or a minimum of 3-5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Human Resource certification preferred.
How to Apply: