Citizens Alliance Bank
Howard Lake, MN
Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk position reports to the Controller and will be primarily responsible for the accounts payable function, which includes, but is not limited to, the processing of internal and external payments, gathering and maintaining adequate records, establishing and facilitating controls, and preparing reports to support transactions and financial accuracy. This position will also assist with other various Finance & Accounting Departmental tasks.
The level of this position is based on years of service, education and/or equivalent experience, knowledge level and skill set. Accounts Payable Clerks I’s are expected to meet and/or exceed Citizens Alliance Bank’s customer service levels as well as the over-all goals of the organization.
1. Prepare and process payments for all Bank locations on a timely and occasionally “ad hoc” basis.
2. Prepare, mail, and file 1099s annually.
3. Verify appropriate approvals are established for submitted invoices and check requests.
4. Ensure appropriate general ledger accounts are charged on all payments.
5. Update and maintain the vendor database; prepare documents for annual internal audit.
6. Occasional communication with vendors to ensure accurate records.
7. Reconcile processed work and/or subsidiary documentation to system reports.
8. Request stop-payments as necessary.
9. Record sales & use tax liability; maintain accurate information for sales & use tax records and filings.
10. Provide accurate and effective documentation relative to the Account Payable function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
11. Prepare monthly account reconciliations and provide resolution for reconciling items for all types of general ledger and internal accounts.
12. Maintain and monitor various Excel workbooks used by the Finance & Accounting Department.
13. Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
Required - High School diploma or GED.
Required - Continuing Education to maintain job knowledge.
Required – Proficient in Excel spreadsheets
Preferred - Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
Preferred - One to Three years Accounts Payable experience.
Preferred - Banking experience.
How to Apply:
Citizens Alliance Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.