Viking Bank, a locally owned independent community bank with locations in Alexandria and Ashby, is seeking a Collateral Analyst to complete property evaluations and appraisal reviews to support loan transactions. This position has the potential to gain opportunities in credit underwriting.
• Work independently to analyze real estate collateral and prepare evaluations to support bank financing. Working with all property types. This includes, but is not limited to, Residential, Commercial, Bare Land, and Rural property transactions.
• Multi-task and manage a workload for all collateral requests effectively and be able to prioritize requests to avoid delays in loan closing.
• Complete local, on-site inspections to support the valuation.
• Accurately pull together market data or other online resources to support valuations and present the information in formal written documentation to support the pledged collateral.
• Evaluations should be clear and concise, and all property specific information should be validated.
• Complete thorough appraisal reviews to ensure compliance with regulation and bank policy and request corrections when necessary.
• Be able to complete additional due diligence when reviewing or valuing collateral and highlight and mitigate potential risk factors.
• Efficiently track completed work and manage reporting databases collectively for the bank.
• Stay abreast to regional and local changes that would impact real estate markets.
• Other bank duties, as assigned.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Willing to work in conjunction with staff in the Residential and Commercial lending teams and build relationships throughout the entire Viking Bank team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with computer technology, including spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Ability to deal with multiple tasks and deadlines, while maintaining accuracy.
• Familiarity with bank financing, specifically related to real estate transactions.
• Secondary education in business administration or equivalent or experience in real estate is recommended, but not required.
• Position has the opportunity to expand into credit underwriting responsibilities.
• Willing to train the right candidate.
How to Apply:
submit resume to Viking Bank attn: Kaley. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org