Citizens Alliance Bank
Clara City, MN
The Correspondent Banker is responsible for engaging in ongoing discussion with participant banks to obtain the opportunity to assist them with participation loan requests. Additionally, this position contributes significantly to the department and bank objectives of excellent credit quality, excellent customer service and outstanding returns to shareholders.
The Correspondent Banker will be responsible for working with Credit Administration and Loan Officers on loan analysis, loan structure and terms, title work, leading loan requests through the credit approval process, collateral management, loan servicing and assisting with the overall participation portfolio management.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
1. Evaluates loan requests based on sound underwriting practices consistent with regulatory requirements, CAB loan policy requirements and CAB portfolio management practices. Decides to present to appropriate credit authority or decline.
2. Calls on community banks to discuss new lending opportunities.
3. Maintains ongoing and effective communication with participant banks to understand the broad characteristics of credit requests and advises the participant bank on how best to proceed and what they can reasonably expect from CAB with respect to their request.
4. Communicates internally with Loan Officers, Credit Analysts, Market Managers and Credit Committee.
5. Analyzes financial, business and market information for a wide variety of businesses including commercial bank holding companies and their subsidiary banks, commercial and industrial businesses, agricultural businesses, commercial real estate projects, including construction and development projects, non-profit organizations, and individuals.
6. Maintains knowledge of the appropriate structure for various types of credit and whether the proposed loan is appropriately structured.
7. Evaluates collateral proposed for loans in respect to value, marketability and control through best practice due diligence practices.
8. Evaluates the paying capacity of guarantors.
9. Negotiates acceptable market loan rates with customers and servicing fees with participant banks.
10. Assesses the participant bank’s ability to effectively administer and manage the credit in the case of participation loans.
11. Creates concise but comprehensive credit presentations with the assistance and support of a Portfolio Officer or Credit Analyst. Presentations describe the proposed transaction, the borrower and its background, its financial capacity, the collateral, and weighs the risk of the loan to the Bank.
12. Directs loan administration or bank counsel to prepare the appropriate legal documents for approved direct loans and obtains all required signatures, collateral, and collateral perfection for the transaction.
13. Reviews the loan documents and participation agreements prepared by or for the participant bank for participation loans to ensure accuracy.
14. Provides ongoing review and administration of loans including review of the financial and business status of the borrower and recommending changes in the risk rating assigned to the loan, where appropriate and as guided by loan policy.
15. Monitors payment performance on loans and engages the participant bank or the borrower when loans are past due.
16. Manages collection effort for loans in default.
17. Engages banks with past due or troubled participation loans in a cooperative dialogue with the aim of bringing resolution to the problem asset.
18. Coordinates for the sale of loans to other participating banks when sub-participation is required.
19. Aids other lenders, credit administration, marketing, and other units within CAB as necessary and as directed.
20. Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
21. Innovative outlook to drive continual progress and retention.
22. Can analyze financial statements, cash flows, pay records and tax returns.
23. Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of regulatory requirements as they relate to safety and soundness, compliance, and operations.
24. Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish the Bank’s goals.
25. Demonstrate a strong commitment to customers and the Bank.
26. Travel for trade and industry schools and seminars.
27. This position requires a valid driver's license.
28. Adhere to and comply with all applicable, federal, and state laws, regulations, and guidance, including those related to AML, as well as adhere to the Bank policies and procedures.
29. This position may require installation of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) app on a employee’s personal mobile device. The MFA apps are used to authenticate a user’s identity to the system for security purposes.
30. Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
Accountability - Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
Attention to Detail - Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working in a busy work environment.
Decision Making - Drawing correct and realistic conclusions and making timely decisions based on available information.
Expertise and Usage -Acquiring functional and technical knowledge in an area of specialty. Applying said knowledge to become an expert in one's particular area.
Initiative - Spotting opportunities within a circle of influence; anticipating threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action.
Job Knowledge - Measure employee's demonstrated job relevant knowledge and essential skills, such as work practices, policies procedures, resources, customer service and technical information, as well as the relationship of work to the organization's mission.
Negotiating - Exploring alternatives by means of persuasion to reach favorable outcomes in situations where decisions involve other parties.
Organizational Awareness - Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, customers, and culture inside and outside the organization to identify potential problems and opportunities, perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
Policy and Procedures - Review, understand and comply with all Bank policies, procedures, and guidelines. To best complete the Bank's business objectives and comply with applicable regulations, employees must consistently adhere to the Bank's policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Sociability and networking -Socializing effortlessly with other people; at ease when approaching others in social settings and professional relationships.
Required - Four-year bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Required - Three to Five years of banking experience.
Required - Continuing Education to maintain job knowledge.
Preferred - Three to Five years of customer service experience.
Preferred - Proficiency in Microsoft Suites.
How to Apply: